SAN ANTONIO, Texas - The Texas Lutheran University Bulldogs lead the pack after the first day of the SCAC Men's Track and Field Championship. Official Website | Interviews | Team Scores | Results | Photo Gallery
1. Texas Lutheran - 80
2. Trinity - 76
3. Southwestern - 19
4. Colorado College - 16
5. Dallas - 1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Texas Lutheran claimed the SCAC title in the pole vault (Chad Weiland, 14'), the triple jump (Marquis Barrolle, 45' 0.25"), hammer (Alejandro Briseno, 168' 5") and shot put (Garrett Garza, 50' 4").
- Briseno's title in the hammer was his third consecutive and it was the longest toss in SCAC championship meet history.
- Garza's toss in the shot put was the third longest in SCAC championship meet history.
- Trinity earned gold in the 3,000 meter steeplechase (Jacob Hammond, 9:46.08).
- Colorado College earned the SCAC title in the 10,000 meter run (Tony Calderon, 32:57.15).
- Competition resumes tomorrow with the women's 5000-meter final at 8:30 a.m. Field events begin at 9 a.m. with the women's discus and high jump trials and finals as well as trials and finals in the men's long jump and javelin. A complete schedule of events can be found here.