SEGUIN, Texas - After waiting two years to claim their first title, Texas Lutheran University has repeated as SCAC Men's Track and Field Champions, winning the 2018 title Saturday at their home stadium. Official Website | Interviews | Results | All-SCAC Team
- Texas Lutheran - 280
- Trinity - 228
- Colorado College - 56
- Southwestern - 43
- University of Dallas - 10
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After winning four events on Friday, Texas Lutheran captured four more individual titles and the 4x400 relay gold. Wins today included the 400 meter dash, 400 meter hurdles, javelin and the 200 meter dash.
- Texas Lutheran's Marquis Brown set a new meet record in the 400 meters (47.89) for the second year in a row. The 4x400 relay posted the third-best time in the event (3:20.96).
- Ian Hons took the men's 400 meter hurdles title, leading the Bulldogs to a 1-2-3 sweep in the standings. He posted a time of 55.19 seconds.
- Cody Hall of Trinity was named the SCAC Track & Field Athlete of the Meet - Hall won the 110 meter hurdles (14.74), long jump (23' 5 1/2", a new SCAC meet record).
- Trinity captured eight titles today, including distance wins from Michael Erickson in the 1500 (4:00.99), Elliott Blake in the 5000 meters (15:38.12) and Harry Bellow in the 800 meter run (1:56.52).
- Trinity's Matt Love took first in the discus throw (158' 10")
- Colorado College earned the high jump (Henry Baldwin, 6' 7 1/2"). This was the third-straight win in the event for Baldwin.