IRVING, Texas -- Colorado College came out hot, hitting .413 it the opening set, and cruised to a 3-0 victory over the University of Dallas in Saturday's first semifinal of the 2018 SCAC Volleyball Championship. Official Championships Website | Postgame Interview
The fourth-ranked Tigers will look to defend their SCAC title as they will take on the winner of the Trinity University/Southwestern University match tomorrow afternoon at 12:30 p.m.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Colorado College hit .433 with just two attack errors in taking the 25-12 opening set win.
- The second set was more of the same as the Tigers had just one attack error (hitting .312) to post the 25-16 win.
- Dallas did not go down easily, leading by as much as 13-9 midway through the third, but Colorado College outscored the Crusaders 16-6 the rest of the way and completed the match sweep, 25-19.
COLORADO COLLEGE STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Marguerite Speathling: 9 kills, .471 hitting percentage, 3 blocks
- Haley Harris: 10 kills, 12 digs
- Myca Steffey-Bean: 7 kills, .353 hitting percentage
- Lizzy Counts: 36 assists, 8 digs
UNIVERSITY OF DALLAS STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Dayjah Whyte: 8 kills, 3 blocks
- Elizabeth Smith: 26 assists, 7 digs
- Isabel Garcia: 7 kills, 7 digs
- The meeting was just the third between the two programs in SCAC Tournament play, and the first since 2014 when Colorado College defeated Dallas, 3-1, in the third place match.
- Colorado College has reached the 30-win plateau for the eighth time in 10 seasons and the 10th overall.
Colorado College (30-2) advances to take on the winner of Trinity and Southwestern in tomorrow's championship game, which is scheduled for a 12:30 p.m. CT start time. Dallas (20-14) will take on the Trinity/Southwestern loser in tomorrow's third/fourth place match at 10 a.m.