SAN ANTONIO, Texas - The Trinity University Tigers are headed to their 10th consecutive SCAC Championship match after defeating Schreiner 5-0 in the semifinals.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Trinity outshot Schreiner 23-3.
- The Tigers also held a 15-1 advantage in corner kicks.
- Three different Tigers contibuted goals in the victory.
TRINITY UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Chelsea Cole (F): 2 goals, 3 shots, 2 shots on goal
- Abby Blackwood (MF): 2 goals, 4 shots, 3 shots on goal
- Halleanne Dure (F): 1 goal, 1 shot, 1 shot on goal
- Paige Wallace (GK): 72:54 minutes of play, 1 save
SCHREINER UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Lidsey Fitz (D): 1 shot, 1 shot on goal
- Jordin Toso (GK): 90 minutes of play, 7 saves
- Trinity, which has won its last 17 conference games, has now won 124 straight conference matches (regular and post-season combines). The last time the Tigers were defeated in the SCAC tournament was in the 1991 Championship game against Rhodes.
- The Tigers will head to their 10th striaght SCAC Championship match where they are 8-1 all-time.
- In the postseason tournament Trinity holds a 17-1-1 record.
- Scheiner has lost their their fourth straight semifinal match.
Trinity (14-0-0) advances to the championship game which will be played tomorrow at 1 pm. The Tigers will face the winner of the second semifinal game between No. 2 Southwestern and No. 6 Dallas.