COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- The Colorado College Tigers defeated Johnson & Wales 22-1 in the first game of the 2019 SCAC women's lacrosse tournament to advance to the Championship game. Official Championships Website | Postgame Interview | Photo Album
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Colorado College junior attack Allie Thuet opened up the scoring for CC, scoring 23 seconds into the game
- The Tigers presented a balanced atttack with 17 different players scoring in the game
- Johnson & Wales held a 7-0 edge in saves
COLORADO COLLEGE STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Maggie O'Donnell: 1 goal, 5 assists
- Eva King: 2 goals, 3 assists
JOHNSON & WALES STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Madisyn Tulenshik: 1 goal
- Trent Flanagan: 5 saves
- The Tigers went on a 17-0 scoring run to start the game
- CC Junior Eva King entered the contest with 81 points and put away five (two goals, three assists) in the contest. Now with 86 points, King has tied the current record for most points scored in a single-season.
The first-seeded Tigers advance to the SCAC Title game which will take place on Sunday at Noon. The Tigers await the winner of semifinal game two between No. 2 Southwestern and No. 3 Dallas. By advancing to the championship match, CC looks to capture its second consecutive SCAC Women's Lacrosse Championship.